United States of America commonly known as U.S.A. is the most popular study abroad destination amongst students in India. USA is one of the largest technological updated and powerful economies of the world. The United States of America has 50 states; it’s the melting point for cultural diversity. It is also known as “land of opportunity” and students from UK, Canada, and Europe come to USA for further studies. USA has a strong reputation in the field of education and research in fact 13 to 15 college/universities in USA are ranked among the Top 20 in the world. The country has been a invention hub giving great chances for development and learning. The same features are reflected in education system of USA. Student Visa for USA is called F1.
The United States is a highly developed country, with the world's largest economy by nominal Gross Domestic Product. It ranks high in several measures of socio-economic performance, including average wage, human development, per capita Gross Domestic Product, and productivity per person. Though its population is only 4.3% of the world total, the United States accounts for nearly a quarter of world Gross Domestic Product and over a third of global military spending. The United States is a prominent political and cultural force internationally, and a leader in scientific research and technological innovations.
Admission Process :
Education system in USA is very flexible. The students are rated on GPA – Grade Point Average. Schools, Private institutes, Colleges and Universities have their individual admission requirements. Post secondary programs including bachelor’s degree program are known as undergraduate programs, while masters program and doctorate are known as graduate programs. The Courses are credit based. USA also offers OPT and CPT – Optional Practical Training and Curriculum Practical Training, the courses are determined by credits.
For applying to schools for undergraduate programs in USA standardized quantitative exams like SAT or ACT is required. However it is not mandatory for international students. Where as some graduate programs require students to take the GRE/GMAT exam.
- Students need to have good academic records. Higher Secondary / Bachelors mark sheet with above 50%.
- Minimum 12 years of post-secondary education is required for entry into an Associate or Bachelors Program.
- 3 years Bachelor’s degree or in case of Engineering programs 4 years degree is required for entry into a Masters Program.
- Quantitative Exams:
- SAT / ACT scores may be required for Undergraduate Programs
- GRE / GMAT scores are required for certain Graduate Programs
- English Proficiency Requirements:
- (Undergraduate): IELTS Minimum 6 bands / TOEFL 80 / PTE 55
- (Graduate): IELTS Minimum 6.5-7 bands / TOEFL 100 / PTE 70
- Work Experience is mandatory only for some Graduate / Management programs.
For further information on Student Visa in USA please Contact us.