An immigration consultant is a professional, who helps people to move abroad from one country to another country, through legal documented process to increase the chances of immigration for study, work, travel or business purpose.
Immigration consultant provides immigration assistance. This can comprise services such as assistance with filing applications and petition, helping to collect required documentation or translation of documents. However, an immigration consultant is not the same as an immigration lawyer or certified representative.
The major difference between immigration consultants and immigration lawyer or certified representatives is that consultants are not authorized to give legal assistance. For example, they may not tell anyone how one should answer immigration interview questions or what application or petition to apply for. They also cannot represent anyone in an immigration court.
If anyone requires assistance for filling in the forms or need a translation, then they should consider a consultant. If anyone is not sure whether I am eligible for a particular visa (for example, perhaps someone already have a previous denial or criminal history that may affect their case) or need any other legal advice, an immigration consultant will not be able to help them.
They will need the assistance of a qualified immigration attorney or accredited representative. There are many genuine and officially recognized immigration consultants who offer helpful services; one just needs to be a smart and informed individual when they are deciding for an immigration consultant.
Here are some important points to remember while deciding for an immigration consultant:
- If someone claims to have a special relationship with government officials, stay away from such claims. No one can guarantee results or quicker processing.
- Ask about their qualifications. If they claim to be qualified to provide legal assistance, ask to see copies of their accreditation letter or bar certificate.
- It is imperative for one to choose registered consultant and for Canada the consultant must be ICCRC member. Immigration Consultants of Canada Regulatory Council (ICCRC) is the national level authoritarian organization nominated by the government of Canada in July 2011, to legalize immigration, citizenship and international student advising services for Canada. It serves and protects the people by managing accredited immigration and citizenship consulting and international student advising specialist. It also administers a punitive procedure to endorse professionals who fall short to meet the regulator’s principles.
- Get a printed agreement from immigration consultant in English and if relevant, in your own local language as well.
- Do not pay any fees in cash and get a receipt for your payment.
- Never put your signature on a blank form or application. One must be aware of what they are signing.
If someone wants to file a complaint against an immigration consultant, follow the guidelines provided by the country where they are applying, on how and where to file complaints? Also follow legal help process in your own country from where application has been filed.
It requires plenty of know-how and capability to offer services for immigration. Business ethics and standards play an essential role while suggesting someone a future plan. A certified immigration agency like Future Link Consultants can perform on customer’s behalf as an immigration lawyer or representative as our company is registered with ICCRC. We can decipher any kind of intricate cases of our clientele and process their visa files in a specialized manner. Kindly get in touch with us today!